Skip to main content

Most of us didn't knew this..

This is the hierarchy of bits or bytes.
Starting from a bit to a nibble (2^2) to a byte (2^3) and so on
 
Prefixes for multiples of
bits (b) or bytes (B)
Decimal
ValueMetric
1000kkilo
10002Mmega
10003Ggiga
10004Ttera
10005Ppeta
10006Eexa
10007Zzetta
10008Yyotta
Binary
ValueJEDECIEC
1024KkiloKikibi
10242MmegaMimebi
10243GgigaGigibi
10244--Titebi
10245--Pipebi
10246--Eiexbi
10247--Zizebi
10248--Yiyobi
This may end up on 
2332.192810100googol number
Referance: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orders_of_magnitude_(data)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe for chaos in an XP team

Our team failed! We failed in delivering value to the client, value to our users as well as we failed in showing the benefits of XP - eXtreme Programming to not only other teams but our managers as well. So here I am listing some of the factors which I think lead to the fall of the project, the practices and eventually the team itself. We were quite fine an year ago. We used to pair, practice TDD, interview users frequently and release awesome features to production almost weekly. I would not go to the extent of saying we were living in perfect times, since we faced some very common problems - Some people felt that TDD made them slow. Management kept questioning whether pair programming is really "fast enough" and not slowing us down. This gave birth to some "Duct Tape Programmers" in the team. (That's a real term! Google it.) "The Duct Tape Programmer is someone who is able to cobble together software that solves the immediate problem, but witho...

Re-usability vs Readability

Recently while developing some features for a client's React app I faced this dilemma: What to prefer over another - Readability or Re-usability. My first reaction to it was what any other great developer in the history of web applications would have done - "Google it out". I found some good articles and blogs around it but still I had my doubts, since at many such places the examples used were heavily dependent on the individual's situation. So, my next move was to consult a peer or another dev from the community whom I trust, and who is better to trust then random people on twitter! I would admit that I did not expect some of those answers but it really taught me one most important thing in software development - "Everything is situational". In other words, I was introduced to "anti-patterns" in real life! Good read for the difference between patterns and anti-patterns . <*Insert a funny gif related to anti-patterns here(if you find one...

Pair Programming - Is it really effective??

So, I have been working in a "strict" pair programming environment for about 5 months now and this is the first project of my career in which I have been subjected to sit with another person for the whole 8-9 hours of the day while I (or he) codes. Also I have been pairing remotely for half of those days (half of our team is at onshore). I learnt these practices and principles while working with another vendor for the same client in Sydney, Australia. Hence, I thought it will be a good idea to share my thoughts and experiences as well as point down the things which otherwise I have to re-iterate over and over for every person looking for advice from me before starting with this practice. Note: All the points that will be mentioned here going forward are from my own personal experience and specific to the project I worked in. Though I think most of the dev community who has worked in this setup would second my opinion. What is "pair programming"? Yo...